It’s the most wonderful time of the year… and I’m not referring to Christmas; Halloween is just around the corner! Although it’s unlikely that everyone shares my enthusiasm over the haunted holiday, it does make for a perfect opportunity to promote your business.
Over 171 million Americans planned on celebrating Halloween last year, and Halloween spending reached 8.4 billion dollars according to the National Retail Federation, an all-time high!
You may be thinking, “How can I promote myself during Halloween when it’s all about dressing up and handing out candy?” Well, first of all, HALO has tons of promotional candy optionsavailable to place your logo on. Although, it’s important to note, there are ways to promote your business during Halloween other than just placing your logo on some candy.
Here are our top five promotional picks for Halloween handouts:
- Trick-or-Treat Bag: You can’t really go wrong with a classic trick-or-treat bag. It’s practical and will gain a ton of impressions as little trick-or-treaters walk around town collecting their candy in a bag with your logo on it. Let’s not forget: bags generate more impressions in the U.S. than any other promotional item according to ASI’s Impression Study.
- Safety Light: This is a promo that parents will definitely appreciate. The sun sets earlier during the fall season, and this means trick-or-treaters will be walking around in the dark gathering their candy. Passing out safety lights will allow parents to attach them to their child’s coat or bag so oncoming traffic will be able to see the kids as they cross any streets.
- Fidget Spinners: If your business is participating in handing out Halloween goodies, try something more unique than just a bucket of candy. This will allow your business to stand out and your brand to be memorable. Unless you have been living under a rock the last few months, you have probably heard of the fidget spinner craze that has taken over the nation. So why not take advantage of its popularity and pass out promotional fidget toys this Halloween? If you want to go the extra mile you can even order light-up ones!
- Toys: Custom toys are another great alternative to candy.What kid doesn’t like getting a toy? Whether you choose a coloring book, a foam football, a piggy bank or a puzzle, the options are endless.
- Temporary Tattoos/Stickers: If you are on a tighter budget but still want a candy alternative to pass out this Halloween, try temporary tattoos or stickers. Kids will enjoy receiving either of these items while simultaneously giving your brand the exposure you are looking for.